Full Time Material Handler Needed in Kitchener (Rotating 8 hr Shifts)!
On behalf of one our clients in Kitchener, Grand River Personnel is looking for hard working full-time material handlers to work on rotating shifts in their shipping department! The company is an established manufacturer of cardboard, paper products, and boxes for various industries, including the food industry.
The material handler will be responsible for operating a forklift, preparing product for shipping, operating a walkie, and helping out with other duties as necessary. This opportunity has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate! If you are looking to build a long-term career with a great local company that has amazing opportunities, then this might be the fit for you!
Shift Information: 8 Hour Rotating Shifts (Days for 2 weeks, afternoons for 2 weeks and nights for 2 weeks)
NOTE: You must be able to also be open to 12 hour continental rotating shifts.
IMPORTANT: Due to the nature of the shifts, the rotations will include working on the weekends –A calendar will be provided to reflect your schedule in advance.
Pay Rate: $17.00 hourly + 4% vacation pay on each cheque! Paid weekly.
- Flat-packing boxes and case making.
- Material handling with a walkie.
- Shipping duties.
- Finishing duties.
- Adhere to company manufacturing practices –including health and safety, uniform, and other policy requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid forklift liscence is considered an asset
- Forklift experience (1 year) required.
- Colour blindness test will be required.
- Aptitude test is required– includes math, reading, reasoning skills and more.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time (8-12 hours on feet).
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment .
- Clean criminal record is required.
- CSA approved safety boots are required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
- Must be comfortable with heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Previous experience within an industrial environment is considered an asset.
- Due to involvement with the food industry- No fake nails, No fake eyelashes, No jewelry, No nail polish, No non-removable piercings will be allowed.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply by submitting your email to the address listed below!
EMAIL your current resume to email@example.com
OR Drop off your current resume at our office!
We are located at 842 Victoria Street North, Kitchener (Unit 16 located on the corner of the building) Please bring with you 1 piece of photo ID , proof of your SIN, any valid work permits/certifications, as well as your current resume.
Please Note: Resumes will be accepted from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: