Production Worker Needed for Rotating Shifts 12 hour shifts
On behalf of one our clients in Kitchener, Grand River Personnel is looking for hard working full-time General labourers! The company is an established manufacturer of cardboard, paper products, and boxes for various industries, including the food industry.
Shift Information: Continental 12 Hour Rotating Shifts
Continental rotating 12 hour shifts – this means that you will be working on alternating shifts: 7 PM – 7 AM for 3 days, and be off for approximately 4 days. This will then switch to 7 AM – 7 PM for 3 days, and you will be off again for approximately 4 days prior to the next rotation. This is still considered to be 40 hours weekly.
NOTE: You must be able to also be open to 8 hour rotating shifts – this means that you must be open to work any shift, as the shifts can also be on a rotation alternating from Days, to Afternoons, and then Night shifts.
IMPORTANT: Due to the nature of the shifts, the rotations will include working on the weekends –A calendar will be provided to reflect your schedule in advance.
Pay Rate: $16.25 hourly + 4% vacation pay on each cheque! Paid weekly.
- Flat-packing boxes and case making.
- Material handling with a walkie.
- Finishing duties.
- Adhere to company manufacturing practices –including health and safety, uniform, and other policy requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Colour blindness test will be required.
- Aptitude test is required– includes math, reading, reasoning skills and more.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time (8-12 hours on feet).
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment .
- Clean criminal record is required.
- CSA approved safety boots are required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
- Must be comfortable with heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Previous experience within an industrial environment is considered an asset.
- Due to involvement with the food industry- No fake nails, No fake eyelashes, No jewelry, No nail polish, No non-removable piercings will be allowed.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply by submitting your email to the address listed below!
EMAIL your current resume to email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE: In light of current concerns about COVID-19, and for the safety of our employees in the office, if you currently have any flu/ cold-like symptoms, we request that you DO NOT come to our office. We are doing registrations on an as-needed basis by appointment ONLY. Please call our office if you have any questions.
We are located at 842 Victoria Street North, Kitchener (Unit 16 located on the corner of the building) Please bring with you 1 piece of photo ID , proof of your SIN, any valid work permits/certifications, as well as your current resume.
Please Note: Resumes will be accepted from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: