Our client, an established business in Kitchener-Waterloo, is looking for a Finance Manager with experience in a financial services organization the to join their team in a permanent role!
- Responsible to lead and develop the Accounting Department, produce month-end and quarter-end financial results for financial reporting purposes.
- Works closely with the team on accounting and quarterly close related matters and is an advisor to the business
- Responsible for the integrity of financial accounting data, incorporates a high level of internal controls and produces financial management reporting to monitor business performance.
- Manage the work flow and efficient operation of the area’s activities in order to contribute to the attainment of objectives in Key Result areas while ensuring development, coaching and leadership of Finance
- Responsible for building and managing the department
- Manage, coach and lead a team to meet company and Finance department objectives
- Produce monthly trial balance to support the financial statements, review staff work activities for quality and accuracy
- University degree and accounting designation – CMA, CGA, CA, CPA
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills / experience in financial and expense budgeting
- Demonstrated experience in managing direct / indirect teams
- Exposure to investment reporting and/or completion of CFA Level 1 would be highly desirable
- Preference given to those with experience working in the financial services sector
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal within all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical accounting knowledge for financial reporting and valuation of invested assets
- Strong understanding of internal financial reporting controls
- Demonstrated ability to close monthly accounting books and produce management reporting
- Effective time management and ability to reprioritize multiple demands
- Strong Microsoft office capabilities
- Influencing skills to motivate others towards desired outcomes
Excellent company and solid compensation package with salary between 80-100K depending on experience!
If you meet the skills criteria above, please send your resume to: email@example.com