As a Family Law Clerk for the established K-W firm of Morrison, Reist, Krauss LLP, you will be the main liaison between clients, lawyers and court staff. Knowledge of litigation and being able to anticipate next steps is essential to this position.
- Responsible for file management from initial client intake to closing
- Scheduling all appointments, meetings, discoveries and court dates
- Diarizing important dates, and generally keeping the senior partner on track with minimal supervision.
- Preparation of family litigation documentation such as matrimonial court documents, cohabitation/ separation agreements, memoranda, correspondence and various other legal documents, from oral, written and/or dictated instructions.
- Working together with other team members to ensure a seamless and positive experience for clients.
- Always being prepared and responsive to meet each challenge
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of five (5) or more years of experience in family law and litigation
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary education program is required.
- Strong computer knowledge in the following programs: MS Word, Divorcemate, ACL, PC Law and SpeechExec
- Professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate
- Must be organized, thorough and have high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Knowledge of collaborative divorce would be an asset
- Good sense of humour an asset
Excellent compensation and benefits package for the right candidate!
Salary range is very competitive and will be based upon the experience you bring to the firm!
If you have the skills and experience required above, DO NOT APPLY TO THE FIRM.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO: email@example.com