Our client in Kitchener- Waterloo is looking for an executive Chef to join their culinary team!
Job Responsibilities :
- Schedule and coordinate the work of other cooks and kitchen employees to ensure food preparation techniques coordinate within budget and labour cost goals.
- Responsible for all for food purchasing and food production for the restaurant and all banquet events.
- Together with the General Manager you will help develop food and Labour budgets and plan menus.
- Responsible for assisting and determining food cost, as well as monitoring inventory control through out the kitchen.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained through out the kitchen.
- Evaluate food production to ensure our quality standards are consistently met.
- Plan menus for all food outlets in the business.
- Establish and maintain controls to minimize food waste and theft.
- Attend food & bar staff meetings as well as management meetings when required.
- Work with General Manager in establishing and maintaining employee standards, inventory control and menu pricing.
- Consult with General Manger about food production Aspects of special events and banquets.
- Ensure proper staffing , for highest quality food production.
- Establish and maintain regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment for all at all times.
- Provide training and professional development opportunity to all kitchen staff.
- Visit the dining area to meet guest when required.
- Perform other duties as directed but not limited to all listed above.
Skills and Abilities
- At least 5 years experience working as a Head Chef, specialising in European Cuisine.
- Ability to oversee and supervise all kitchen employees, as well as maintaining the highest professional food quality.
- Demonstrates ability to produce a high volume work in a timely manner.
- Is able create a positive environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to be at work regularly and on time.
- Able to get along with co-workers and Management .
- Able to take constructive criticism in a professional manner and be respectful and courteous at all times.
- A Red Seal Chef Certification would be a definite asset or equivalent experience
- Ability to work a 40-50 hour work week from Tuesday to Saturday.
This is a full-time permanent role with a salary from $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
If this role is exciting to you and you have the required skills above, please send your resume to: email@example.com