Our client an established organization in Kitchener-Waterloo is looking for an Executive Assistant to provide support to both the Board of Directors in its governance responsibilities as well as to the President & CEO!
Provide support to Board of Directors by:
- Developing Board and Committee agendas, drafting resolutions and take minutes or notes for all Board and Board Committee meetings,
- Manage the compilation and delivery of the Board and Committee meeting materials packet to Directors through consultation with Senior Management and the Board for completion of related reports and documents.
- Draft, prepare, distribute, maintain and save for future reference, official minutes of all Board and Committee meetings, including matters arising from meetings and decisions made by the Board and Committees.
- Provide support to the Board and Committee Chairs to ensure that all decisions are documented accurately in minutes, policies and other documents;
- Update and maintain the integrity and version control of the Directors’ Handbook with ongoing changes to policies, bylaws, processes etc.
- Prepare for and attend each meeting of the Board and Board Committees
- Serve as staff support role for the Board and all Board Committees.
- Ensure the flow of all relevant governance information to the Directors as requested
- Initiate and/or assist with all matters pertaining to the Board of Directors and related subsequent activities, such as Board member recruiting, nominations and elections; Competency Assessments; etc.
- Guide and co-ordinate Board reporting requirements with Senior Management; develop progress tracking charts to ensure effective follow up and resolution of matters arising from Board and Committee meetings.
- Prepare periodic reports to groups as required.
- Make meeting arrangements including booking Director travel arrangements, meeting venues, meals etc.
- Maintain a Board Archive for reference documents not included in the Directors’ Handbook.
- Administer e-mail communications activities including initiating and/or responding to Board of Director and executive communications
- Participate in special projects, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide minute-taking support to management committees
- Provide guidance to the Corporate Services and Compliance Coordinator.
- 10 or more years of experience in an Executive Assistant role and / or a Board of Directors support role
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Board governance practices and requirements; ie. Rules of Order
- Bachelor of Arts with formal training in writing or equivalent experience
- Board administrative support experience, including advanced minute-taking and writing skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of all aspects of life and health insurance industry (minimum five years of experience)
- Certificate in Corporate Governance preferred, Project Management an asset
- Strong oral and written communication and report writing skills
- Strong research, organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of strategic planning processes
- Attention to detail, logical, process-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Polished, professional demeanour with the ability to act with discretion on confidential / sensitive issues
- Service-oriented, diplomatic and tactful in communications with Directors and Senior Management
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; proficient with Adobe Acrobat Reader tool
If you have solid experience in administration on an Executive Level and supporting a Board of Directors, then this role is for you!
Excellent compensation package including Salary between $60-70,000 per year, Bonus, Pension and Benefits!
Please send your resume immediately to my attention at: email@example.com