Dock Workers – Kitchener
Grand River Personnel is working with our client located here in Kitchener to find Dock Workers to work with them! If you are looking for a position in a team-based environment for a long-term position, this role could be for you!
Shift: Day Shift 7 am – 3pm
Pay: $14.25 per hour
Education: Completion of high school or vocational certificate
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work at a quick pace
- Able to perform physical work, and work diligently on large and small scale tasks
- Ability to problem solve, trouble shoot and work through problems as they occur
- Ability to handle and ensure materials are handled with care and attention throughout the process
- Ability to discuss and confer with co-workers and managers of all levels
- Unload and ensure items are properly installed
- Understand work instructions to ensure all tasks are performed at a quick pace
- Work with the team to ensure items are unpacked, and work is done appropriately
- Decide on the most efficient method to approach the various jobs in order to meet work deadlines
- Operate box cutters and other un-packing tools as needed
- Arrange materials as needed
- Clean and maintain tools the work area. Make sure the work area is tidy and free of hazards
- Inform supervisor or manager of any issues that occur
TO APPLY: PLEASE NOTE: This is a full time, ongoing position. The client is looking for those who can work long term therefore, those capable of working long term will be given priority. Although we appreciate your interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
EMAIL your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE: In light of current concerns about COVID-19, and for the safety of our employees in the office, if you currently have any flu/ cold-like symptoms, we request that you DO NOT come to our office. We are doing registrations on an as-needed basis by appointment ONLY. Please call our office if you have any questions.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: