Our client in Cambridge is looking for a Cost Accountant to join their team in a permanent role!
The primary focus of the Cost Accountant is to monitor, investigate and make recommendations on manufacturing performance for the company as well as to assist in the cost analysis of new processes and find ways to reduce costs in current manufacturing processes. This role would work closely with the development of new products to ensure all related costs are considered with accurate price estimates given to customers.
- Ensure standard product cost system is maintained and changes are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review and verify accuracy of product cost from BOM & Routing data.
- Continue to develop costing models for new & existing products.
- Prepare product quotes for Customers.
- Review & Prepare annual pricing files.
- Review inventory cycle counts and facilitate annual physical inventory counts.
- Participate in annual budgeting.
- Ability to interpret the results of operations and prepare reports to communicate to all levels of management.
- Gathering and compiling production information from manufacturing and accurately reporting and distributing it.
- Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiences, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Monitors general ledger accounts and department numbers, investigates variances, and oversees the inventory accounts.
- Take on ad-hoc projects as assigned, such as tracking of actual savings on capital expenditure projects, material waste reductions, and standard cost/labour efficiency validations.
- Complete government toxic reductions act reporting and other government reporting as required.
- Other job related projects/tasks as directed by Senior Management.
- Compliance to all company policies, procedures and work instructions including working safely and keeping a safe work area for all employees. Reporting unsafe conditions and personal injuries they receive at work to their Supervisor/Manager.
- Completed or working towards the completion of a CPA designation
- 5+ Years Job Related Experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
- Competent Computer skills.
- Strong intermediate to advanced Excel (Macros)
- ERP system experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Job task planning, organizing and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This role offers an attractive compensation package including salary from $60-80K depending on experience.
If you are interested in working for this established company, please send your resume to: email@example.com