Our client is looking for a BUILDING MAINTENANCE PERSON to service a newly-built Residential Condo Building in Waterloo, Ontario.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Building Maintenance Person will have well-rounded experience to keep the property in good condition and be able to assist where problems arise.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs to residential and commercial properties under the direction of the Property Manager. This includes routine plumbing, carpentry and electrical repairs as well as painting.
- Complete assigned service requests for building interior and exterior issues in a timely manner.
- Complete in-suite turnover activities, including both light and heavy maintenance. This could include repair or replacement of appliances, kitchen or bathroom fixtures, carpentry including framing, drywall and taping.
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine if repairs or preventative maintenance is required, report any deficiencies back to the Senior Property Manager.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all electrical, mechanical and work areas as well as supply and storage areas.
- Perform all facets of the job in accordance with the legislation applicable to the jurisdiction, including: Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, AODA, PIPEDA, Human Rights Code, Working at heights, Residential Tenancies Act.
- Comply with Health & Safety procedures ensuring the use of required safety equipment, tools and identifying unsafe practices and conditions while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure all areas are free of hazards and when not able to resolve, ensure Management is informed for immediate resolution.
- Maintain daily documentation of maintenance activities and time sheets.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies when on call.
- When working with contractors, monitor the work progress to ensure compliance of the directive or defined scope of work.
- Other jobs assigned by Management.
- Hours required to be on site: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Required to be on-call for emergencies
- Overtime rate for any on-call emergency response after 9:00 pm
- Hourly rate ranging from $18.00 – $20.50/hour, based on experience
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required
- 5+ years’ experience working in a building maintenance role
- G Class Driver’s License
- Customer-service oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organized and able to follow direction
- A fast learner able to multi-task and handle a busy environment
- Able to work individually as well as in a team
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to make decisions and take initiative
- Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn using new software
This is an excellent opportunity to join the team of a Luxury Service Condominium!
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the desire to join a company where you can grow, please send your resume to email@example.com.