Brake Press Operators
On behalf of one of our clients, Grand River Personnel is looking for detail-oriented and self-motivated brake press operator to work DAY shifts in Cambridge!
The company is a recognized manufacturing facility for stainless steel accessories, producing aftermarket automotive accessories. This is a temporary position with the potential of permanent hire for the right candidate!
Available Shifts:4:30 pm – 3:00 am Monday – Thursday
Pay Rate: $18-20/hr depending on experience.
• Read specifications or follow verbal instructions.
• Lay out, set up and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines such as shears, power presses, saws, plate rolls, drills, brakes, slitters, punch presses, computer numerically controlled (CNC) .equipment, and other hand tools to cut, bend, roll, ream, punch and drill, weld or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products.
• Check products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications.
• Troubleshoot and perform corrective action or minor repairs.
• Accurately / honestly and in a timely manner reports all manufactured quantities for both good parts and scrap parts for each work order in the ERP (PSI) System. Any reporting errors should be communicated with your supervisor.
• Ability to train others.
• Clean work areas and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
- Competent Computer skills.
- Must be able to read work orders and part numbers (alpha and numeric).
- Able to use required measuring equipment e.g. verniers, angle protractors.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excelled verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must have reliable transportation –location is not bus accessible.
- 2-3 Years previous experience operating is required.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply by submitting your email to the address listed below!
EMAIL your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE: In light of current concerns about COVID-19, and for the safety of our employees in the office, if you currently have any flu/ cold-like symptoms, we request that you DO NOT come to our office. We are doing registrations on an as-needed basis by appointment ONLY. Please call our office if you have any questions.
We are located at 842 Victoria Street North, Kitchener (Unit 16 located on the corner of the building) Please bring with you 1 piece of photo ID , proof of your SIN, any valid work permits/certifications, as well as your current resume.
Please Note: Resumes will be accepted from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: