Grand River Personnel, In partnership with Chicopee Ski and Summer Resort is hiring a bookkeeper!
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events!
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for executing all aspects of maintaining financial documents, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and vendor payments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure prompt and efficient verbal, written and in person correspondence with our clients, vendors and staff.
• Responsible to receive invoices from vendors, match purchase orders and enter payments into ledger.
• Responsible for maintaining the petty cash account in the office and with the bank.
• Ensure accounts receivable are issued and collected promptly.
• Ensure accounts payable are paid on time.
• Responsible for preparing and sending out customer invoices on a monthly basis, and contact customers with past due invoices to settle past due accounts.
• Responsible to on-board all employees and volunteers in Dayforce.
• Responsible to enroll and monitor progress in HR Downloads.
• Process payroll in a timely fashion using Dayforce/Ceridian. Monitor the payments made to salaried and seasonal employees, reimburse employees for expenses submitted, and process wage garnishments.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for the business, including government remittances.
• Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demand of operations (Guest Services during membership drives, seasonal start-up and seasonal shut-down).
• May be approached to become an active member of the Health and Safety Committee.
• Maintain and orderly accounting filing system.
• Prepare monthly financial documents and reports, and year end documentation.
• Assist in annual audit.
• Previous experience required.
• High level of competency with computers. Most of the job will be done doing data entry, inputting spreadsheets, tax documents, payroll documents and reporting.
• High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning and discretion.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Takes pride in their work.
• Respects the confidentiality of the information obtained in the role.
• Very comfortable with math skills.
• You can work in a high stress and high-volume environment, under pressure.
• Guest/Customer oriented.
• A willingness to be a continuous learner.
• Able to repeatedly lift 6.8kg (15lbs) comfortably.
• Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
• Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
• Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment.
• You’re passionate about the recreation industry.
• You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener, empathetic and able to handle highly volatile situations in a calm manner.
• You have flexibility in your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
• Ability to work weekends and weeknights and be available to cover shifts.
• You have the ability to produce, or may use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
• You have a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
EMAIL your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: