Grand River Personnel, In partnership with Chicopee Ski and Summer Resort is hiring an assistant manager to work in their food and beverage department!
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events!
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for executing all aspects of the food and beverage department; managing the food and beverage staff, budgeting and cost control, and food/supply inventory control. This individual will ensure that all regulations and procedures for both the food industry as well as Chicopee are adhered to and followed. They will also develop the necessary training and operational procedures for supervisory and operational staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create Chicopee branded experience for the cafeteria, lounge, kitchen and banqueting services.
• Responsible for hiring, selecting, training and development of Food and Beverage staff.
• Budget development and cost control processes developed to maintain profitability of Food and Beverage business unit.
• Reviews and ensures the completion of all financial controls and tasks including balancing of receipts.
• Reviews and ensures the training and placement of the required supervisory and operational staff.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of trends in the industry and make improvement suggestions for the delivery of food and beverage.
• Co-ordinates information and communicates with all levels of management and staff.
• Required to implement and maintain proper inventory control system.
• Ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, food and beverage to the required standards.
• Ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems.
• Ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, correctly stored, and issued to the various departments.
• Attend to guest concerns and complaints.
• Ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
• Required to understand all equipment and appropriate procedures.
• Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demand of operations.
• Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment.
• May be approached to become an active member of the Health and Safety Committee.
• Post-secondary education in food and beverage would be an asset.
• Previous kitchen and front of house experience required.
• A willingness to be a continuous learner.
• Computer literate.
• High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning and discretion.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Takes pride in their work.
• Guest/customer oriented.
• Able to repeatedly lift 40.82kg (90lbs) comfortably.
• Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
• Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful environment.
• You’re passionate about the recreation and hospitality industries and are eager to share that passion with others.
• You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener, empathetic and able to handle highly volatile situations in a calm manner.
• You have flexibility in your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs, with the ability to work weekends and weeknights and be available to cover shifts.
• You have the following certifications: Safe Food Handling Certificate (REG 493) and Smart Serve.
• You have to ability to produce, or may use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training, Slip, Trip & Fall Awareness, Safe Lifting Awareness, Gender & Sexual Diversity Training.
• You have a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
EMAIL your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: