On behalf of our client in Brantford, we are looking for an Assembly Supervisor to oversee the assembly operations of their manufacturing facility!
The Assembly Supervisor will utilize their strong people, technical and leadership skills in managing teams to achieve the business goals of on-time delivery, quality performance and cost effectiveness.
The Assembly Supervisor works co-operatively with the team in two buildings to deliver production requirements, including striving for continuous improvement of the processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise the assembly of parts to customer specification
- Coordinate the application of support functions within assigned departments.
- Optimize and track shop performance (efficiency and utilization) commensurate with above.
- Ensure adherence to company policies including personnel related activities associated with the departments being supervised.
- Responsible for recommending improvements to the overall operations of their respective department.
- Monitor performance of department to budgets for attendance, consumable spending, clocking performance and overtime.
- Ensure conformance with all Health and Safety regulations
- Three (3) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Health and Safety supervisor training
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Supervisory/managerial development training.
- Understanding of the use of tools such as Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, 5S, Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Strong PC skills, and understanding of MRP
This is a great role for someone looking to take the next step in their career from a lead-hand position to a supervisor role!
Excellent compensation package including salary between 40-50K per year!
If you have the required skills above, send your resume immediately to: firstname.lastname@example.org