Our client in Waterloo Region is looking for an experienced Actuarial Analyst to join their team in a full-time permanent role!
The role of the Actuarial analyst will be to provide technical assistance and recommendations for areas such as actuarial liabilities, product pricing, policyholder taxation, enterprise risk management, financial forecasting, dividend scales, capital management, reinsurance and integrity of actuarial systems.
- Ensure that actuarial liabilities are calculated in accordance with the valuation assumptions.
- Monitor potential changes to standards and accounting practices and the potential impact of such change on business.
- Provide actuarial expertise in developing product pricing assumptions and assistance in design for new and revised
- Implement enterprise risk management controls and monitor various business risks, both internal and external to the organization.
- Provide actuarial expertise in financial forecasting for use in strategic planning and sensitivity testing. Recommend actuarial assumptions
- Ensure that capital requirement calculations are in compliance with regulatory guidelines. Monitor potential changes to such requirements and their impact on the organization
- Analyze the appropriateness of dividend scales and prepare recommendations to the Appointed Actuary for adjustments to incorporate ongoing experience
- Ensure that administrative procedures and systems comply with policyholder tax legislation requirements.
- Research the impact of changes in legislation on business and provide actuarial expertise in developing and testing processes to comply with any changes
- Monitor accuracy of reinsurance administration practices, processes and systems and implement change to processes as needed
- Oversee the generation of experience studies on expenses, lapses, mortality and asset defaults and use the results of these studies to recommend valuation assumptions,and develop capital adequacy testing
- Research and provide input on reports required by regulators and management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure the integrity of various actuarial computer systems
- Other duties as
- Minimum 10 years actuarial experience in Life Insurance
- University degree in actuarial mathematics or a related field
- Attainment of Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and /or Associate of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (ACIA) designations
- Solid understanding of actuarial techniques and their application to individual life insurance and wealth management products, particularly for reserving, pricing, dividend setting, policyholder taxation and risk management
- In-depth knowledge and experience with GGY’s AXIS and TAI’s reinsurance systems.
- Strong analytical
- Persuasive written and verbal communication
- High level of personal integrity and self-accountability.
Do you have the skills and experience listed above? THEN THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU!
Excellent compensation and benefits package based on experience!
Send you resume and cover letter immediately to: email@example.com