Our client in Kitchener-Waterloo is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join their team in a full-time role!
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Collect cash and receive payments via cheque, EFT, etc.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Provide back-up support for preparing invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Liaise with customers on a regular basis and maintain good relationships and processes
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending invoice reminders, following-up and contacting customers
- Verify discrepancies and resolve customer billing issues
- Provide administrative support to supervisors and managers, as needed
- Previous work experience at the intermediate level in accounting is required; experience in accounts receivable is preferred
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles is required
- Must demonstrate efficient data entry skills and an ability to calculate, post and manage accounting and financial records
- Proficient working knowledge of accounting software including QuickBooks and Excel is required
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to handle multiple projects
- Sense of urgency while still paying attention to detail
- Possess teamwork, collaboration and a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regards to financial records and customer information is required
- Previous experience and/or a familiarity with 3rd party logistics and/or transportation industry is considered an asset
This is a full-time role starting out on a contract basis with the potential for permanent for the right person!
Starting rate at $18.00/hour.
If you have the desired skills and experience above, please send your resume to: email@example.com