Our client in Waterloo, is looking for an Accounting Administrator to join their team on a contract position with the possibility to become permanent!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and verify supplier and other expense invoices for payment
- Match invoices to appropriate purchase order and receiving documents, confirm pricing and enter into the system
- Enter overhead expense invoices into the system using the appropriate GL account
- Ensure all invoices include appropriate approvals and receiving signatures
- Process payable cheques weekly or as required
- Ensure payment cheques agrees with amounts on invoices to be paid and forward to Manager for signature
- Separate cheques for mailing and attach cheque stub to invoice package and file
- Review and organize cash expense reports for accurate payment and processing
- Verify all receipts are submitted by highlighting expense indicated on expense report.
- Prepare bank deposit, verify and post receipts; resolve discrepancies, follow up on overdue accounts
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, cheques, and wire transfers
- Prepares bank deposit using E-transfer or the bank as required
- Regularly review invoices which remain unpaid after 30 days and follow up with customer
- Maintain records of customer contact information and all correspondence with customer in database
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales and service, and from customers
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following up with customer
- Consult with Manager of Finance and Administration if unable to establish contact with customer or if customer has not adhered to promise to pay or in the case of conflicting job requirements which make it difficult to complete assigned tasks
- Reviews with Manager of Finance and Administration monthly AR overdue and AR turnover report and looks for methods to improve collections
- Sends out monthly statements to customers as required
- Review credit invoices generated by the parts department with RMA receiving detail and shipping information
- Ensure all credit memos have the required supporting documents and the credit given corresponds with the original invoice charges
- File credit memo in the appropriate company file folder
Entering Purchase Orders
- Enter purchase orders for the weekly consignment from Head Office, OEM parts, or for emergency parts as required based on approved purchase list from a Manager.
- Reception Backup- Serves visitors and callers by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; ensures visitor is properly signed in and has visitors badge when Administrative Assistant is absent or unavailable.
- Accounting/administrative support – Assist with annual audit pulling files and invoices as required,
- Assist management with various reporting as required, other unassigned tasks within the department
- Maintains open and courteous communication with all members of the tea
- Minimum college diploma in accounting
- Strong communication (both oral and written), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of basic accounting procedures and computer operations.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work and effectively communicate in a team environment.
- Must possess time management skills and be able to meet deadlines, both internal and external
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
This is a contract role to start and the right person will be considered for the full-time permanent role! Hours are 8:00-4:30 pm with a half hour lunch.
Starting wage: $20.00/hour
If you have the required skills and this role interests you, please send your resume immediately to: email@example.com