Our client, a Toronto-based boutique asset management firm, is looking for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER for their Property Management Division. This position will be stationed in the company’s newly-built Professional Condo in Kitchener and will report to the Head Office in Markham, ON.
The Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for expanding the Property Management Division and driving external growth through expansion of property management services to third party property owners. This includes implementing a business development strategy, identifying new business opportunities (i.e. through proactive direct sales, marketing, networking, etc.), building and maintaining customer relationships, negotiating and closing business deals.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify business development opportunities and prepare an action plan to achieve the goals
- Possess good understanding of the property management market in Kitchener-Waterloo and GTA area
- Effective lead generation and credentials pitch, followed by outreach through meetings, calls, communication and follow-up, to maintain and build active pipeline
- Develop and implement sales plan to drive external growth. This will include contacting the right divisions/contacts
- Articulate to clients and prospects the benefits of property management and educate them about new ideas and new ways of thinking
- Prepare/present management proposals to third party owners and negotiating management contracts
- Gain and share understanding of prospect’s organization, processes, business strategies, product or service offerings and decision-making structures and conduct market intelligence and analysis on selected targets and competitors
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly report to the Managing Partner
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships to increase their loyalties
- Serve as main contact for investors, landlords/owners and developers. This will include handling incoming inquiries and providing excellent client service
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Keep abreast of best practices and industry trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- A university degree or college diploma in business is required (master degree preferred)
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Manager
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on relationship management
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently with little supervision
- High degree of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit, with strong analytical skills
- Business acumen
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communication
- Results focus
- Entrepreneurial spirit
This is an excellent opportunity to join the team of a Luxury Service Condominium! Great compensation package, including opportunity for performance and annual bonuses.
TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Making a difference and attention to detail is a MUST in this role. If you are interested in this opportunity and have the desire to join a company where you can grow, please send your resume to email@example.com.
IN YOUR APPLICATION, please include a Cover Letter detailing why you are a fit for this role.